In previous posts, I discussed how eating out for lunch can cost you $2,000 per year. That’s crazy! That is a lot of money that you otherwise could be saving. That $2,000 could go a long way to paying down debt or towards a vacation.
Now I’m not suggesting that you become a social hermit and eat at your desk everyday, but I am suggesting that eating out less will go a long way. I pack my lunch most days but still manage to eat with friends. I’ll either go out with them to the food court and bring my bag lunch or they’ll grab some to go and eat it back in the office with me. I got some grief at first, but now they understand, and I’ve even convinced a few of them to start packing their own lunch!
Here are a couple of (humorous) one-liners that will help you in your brown bagging pursuits!
- I’m going healthy.
- Oh, I had leftovers.
- Where we going? I brought my lunch but I’ll tag along!
- Oh I’m going out for a big dinner tonight.
- Big weekend plans, trying to save a dollar or two this week.
- I’ve got a lot to do today, might just take a short one here.
- Snap, totally packed my lunch this morning, I need more of a heads up!
- Come on now, we ate out yesterday!
Hopefully these will help! One of the cardinal rules of this blog is the idea of incremental growth. By even packing your lunch one day a week, you’ll be putting yourself on the right track. Little by little, we’ll become financially free!